St. Paul’s Evangelical Church / Taft’s Ale House
Constructed in 1850, St. Paul’s German Evangelical Church was once the oldest Protestant parish in Cincinnati. The congregation abandoned it in the late 1970’s, leaving a ghostly ruin. Once a prominent church in the neighborhood, the building had been abandoned for many years with much of it exposed to the elements. Emergency stabilization  was carried out in the 1980’s to give the building a short-term reprieve. In 2012, the roof collapsed. SSRG was contracted to stabilize the building.
SSRG worked with the general contractor for a comprehensive renovation. SSRG stabilized this historic church  at the corner of 15th and Race Street in Over-the-Rhine. The crew’s work ensured that the building remained safe and ready for future renovation. The church went on to become the Taft’s Ale House , a local brewery and restaurant.